An electrician Brisbane can be a lifesaver when it comes to safety in the home, yet many don’t take electricians advice to heart. The truth is every household overloads their homes with electrical goods and things can go wrong in such a short period of time. We never want to take safety for granted and the following are just a few safety tips to consider for your home.
Do Not Overload a Power Outlet
We all have power outlets or sockets within the home and sometimes it’s hard to have enough for every gadget. However, having several electronic devices plugged into a single socket can be dangerous. Yes, you may use an extension cable to plug in the devices, but that doesn’t mean its safe. A lot of homes try to fit too many devices into one outlet and end up causing a short circuit and it is potentially dangerous. Usually, this occurs during the run-up to Christmas, but it can happen at any time. If this happens you will have to call an electrician Brisbane Northside to come out and correct the fault so don’t overload your sockets.
Water and Electricity Don’t Mix
Everyone knows (or rather should know) that water and electricity don’t mix. They can be lethal together and you could potentially cause someone to get seriously hurt. If you are plugging or unplugging devices never do so with wet hands. This is the number one way to receive a nasty electrical shock and your entire home’s electrical supply might be compromised. You might be lucky to receive a small shock but that is bad enough and if the shock is severe it could lead to serious health complications, even death. An electrician Brisbane will always tell you never touch anything electrical with wet hands. Always take care after washing hands and using electrical items.